HomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in
« Welcome to Bluebird Scans Forum! » Offically disbanded.
All projects will be taken care by other groups so worry not.
Thank you all the staff members for your dedication & help and all our readers.
Happy Manga time!

Share | 

Hello world!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jel
GFX Designer
GFX Designer

PostSubject: Hello world!   Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:22 pm

Hello there! Finally making my post. |D

My real name is Jacqueline, but online my alias is Jel. Call me whichever you like. My hobbies are reading manga, watching anime. making icons, and playing tennis (lol didn't see that one comin' did ya?). I'm in the USA (Pacific time zone, UTC -07 from fall to spring, UTC -08 from spring to fall). Posting this at 11:21AM btw, just to gauge the time for you guys.

I am signing up for the translator job (also cleaner and typesetter). I have been studying Japanese since Sept 2007 at school, and am about to go into my sixth and last consecutive year at school learning Japanese (because I'm in high school and I've reached the highest level this school year, will definitely try to self study as much as I can the following year and will continue school studies in college).
I have also gone on two trips to Japan with an exchange group. Both trips for two weeks. The first one was back in July 2010 (visited a small city in Aichi prefecture, Hekinan and stayed with a host family for a homestay so I got a lot of experience with Japanese conversation and went to Kyoto for a day trip) and the second one was pretty recent, as in back in July, recent. I went that time through all expense paid trip/scholarship based on an application I did (that was approved by my previous Japanese teacher and the school counselors), chosen as one of the 23 of the 70 applicants. I even got accepted versus some AP students (I was in 3rd year Japanese, AP is 4th and final year at my school). This year I went to (each place for a couple days) Tokyo, Daigo-machi in Ibaraki prefecture, Yokohama, Kyoto, and even a visit to Kobe for a day and staying in Osaka for a day and seeing Osaka Castle (that castle is as majestic in person as it is in pictures). We also spent two days with a host family and got to go to school with the host sister/brother. Lots of experience with Japanese casual conversations. Sadly, I can speak and listen quite well, but my reading and then writing are probably my worst skills in Japanese. For a foreigner, that isn't horrible I would say, but I love reading in general and it's depressing that although my vocab is great in Japanese, I can't read kanji for my life, even though I've been learning kanji for three, going onto four years and all novels in Japanese that aren't for kids under the age of 13 have no furigana in it. Lol. That is why I can join this group as a translator because we'll have projects with totes of furigana in it, and is simpler story-wise.

Whoops, went off an a couple tangents there. ANYWAY, TL;DR I went to Japan a couple times and it's definitely improved my Japanese. Oh, I also watch a lot of anime so that helps, and I used to read manga in English and Japanese to help improve my vocab (it was of the same manga at a time so that I could see the translation after I take a guess with my knowledge and a dictionary lol).

I also make icons as a hobby. I post them at my graphics journal, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Maybe I'll post them here at the forums too if there's a graphics section!

I think this is about it for an intro. I look forward to working with you all and hope we become friends! Ask questions if ya like.

Last edited by Jel on Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ty ♥
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hello world!   Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:29 pm

Hello Jel! I'm so envious of your trips to Japan. I've only visited Tokyo for a week during year 2010 but lately all the schoolwork piled up and I wasn't been able to go again. Sigh... i want to go back even if it was just for a day. Luckily I have grandparents residing in the Niigata Perfecture but I rarely visited them. Hopefully when I have time I'll fly over there just to go sightseeing.

Your school has Japanese foreign language classes?! That's cool Smile! I had to take custom of Chinese because of family reasons(Sigh). If I had a chance, I would definitely learn Japanese itself! Although I speak the language, I have absolutely no knowledge of it. I don't know any hiragana, kanji, and so on...Well whatever is the case, I don't mind what I'm going through anyways however i do wish life was less complicated!

BTW, love your icons! It's simplistic and cute. I can add a GFX section exclusively for you(haha)~
Question: What's your ethnicity? You don't have to answer it if you think it's invading your privacy.
Back to top Go down
Meriem
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Hello world!   Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:02 pm

Hi Jacqueline
kyaa I'm envious ,you two visited japan ,That's awesome Razz ,I wish I could visit it only once ^^ (but that's only one of my dreams Crying or Very sad)
I like the icons you made a lot Jel I love you
and It would be great to have a graphics section , I'm learning GFX ,hope you guys don't mind if I ask you for some advice
Back to top Go down
http://bluebird-scans.allgoo.net
Ty ♥
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hello world!   Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:21 pm

Meriem wrote:
Hi Jacqueline
kyaa I'm envious ,you two visited japan ,That's awesome Razz ,I wish I could visit it only once ^^ (but that's only one of my dreams Crying or Very sad)
and It would be great to have a graphics section , I'm learning GFX ,hope you guys don't mind if I ask you for some advice

You should ask jel for advices instead Razz
I fail at GFXing....

I made the "GFX Company" tab ^_^ go post some stuff if you want Razz
Back to top Go down
Jel
GFX Designer
GFX Designer

PostSubject: Re: Hello world!   Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:59 pm

Ty ♥ wrote:
Hello Jel! I'm so envious of your trips to Japan. I've only visited Tokyo for a week during year 2010 but lately all the schoolwork piled up and I wasn't been able to go again. Sigh... i want to go back even if it was just for a day. Luckily I have grandparents residing in the Niigata Perfecture but I rarely visited them. Hopefully when I have time I'll fly over there just to go sightseeing.

Your school has Japanese foreign language classes?! That's cool Smile! I had to take custom of Chinese because of family reasons(Sigh). If I had a chance, I would definitely learn Japanese itself! Although I speak the language, I have absolutely no knowledge of it. I don't know any hiragana, kanji, and so on...Well whatever is the case, I don't mind what I'm going through anyways however i do wish life was less complicated!

BTW, love your icons! It's simplistic and cute. I can add a GFX section exclusively for you(haha)~
Question: What's your ethnicity? You don't have to answer it if you think it's invading your privacy.

Hi there Ty! I would love to go back too... oh man, such an amazing place. That's awesome that you have family there though! All my family are in Viet Nam.

Yes they do! My whole school district does, and I'm glad since it's a fun class and I learn a lot (over time, kinda a slow course to me). Oh, are you part Japanese? Sounds like you are from the family to the speaking but not reading/writing. Lol.

Thank you! I love making icons so that really makes me happy! Lolll I think we should make the graphics section a little different so that all of the members can post their own threads as well. Cool I was going to just post in one thread and keep adding posts over time.

I'm Vietnamese-American. What is your ethnicity?

Meriem wrote:
Hi Jacqueline
I was really lucky with those trips though, telling you! I'm sure you'll eventually go there, at least once. I have a list of other places I'd like to visit one day, too....
Thank you! I appreciate it.
I would definitely help you out! ♥ Love making graphics.
Back to top Go down
Ty ♥
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hello world!   Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:29 pm

Haha Razz Go play around with the Admin Panel Cool It's super easy to edit the forums so go do so Smile
silent When you have time you should make a banner for the forums
I'm Chinese/Japanese- American. Weirdly enough I'm a mixed blood~

Jel
GFX Designer
GFX Designer

PostSubject: Re: Hello world!   Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:43 pm

Ty ♥ wrote:
Haha Razz Go play around with the Admin Panel Cool It's super easy to edit the forums so go do so Smile
silent When you have time you should make a banner for the forums
I'm Chinese/Japanese- American. Weirdly enough I'm a mixed blood~

Awesome, I'll go mess around with it later. Lol.

If it's ok, I'd love to make one! ♥

It's not weird to me actually, I know a ton of people and have a lot of friends that are "mixed blood." I've noticed over time that I have an unexplainable attachment to half-Japanese people. Lol. A lot of my close friends over the years have been half-Japanese.
So which parent is which, if you don't mind me asking?

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hello world!   Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:23 am

Ya, i don't mind answering ^^ My father is Japanese but I'm not very sure with my mother.... In terms of knowledge, I have no clue what ethnicity she is. Well, i just labelled her as Chinese since I've taken custom of Chinese...My mother and I aren't really that close Neutral We're only close when we're shopping but that's pretty much it.
Back to top Go down
Jel
GFX Designer
GFX Designer

PostSubject: Re: Hello world!   Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:02 am

Ty ♥ wrote:

Ya, i don't mind answering ^^ My father is Japanese but I'm not very sure with my mother.... In terms of knowledge, I have no clue what ethnicity she is. Well, i just labelled her as Chinese since I've taken custom of Chinese...My mother and I aren't really that close Neutral We're only close when we're shopping but that's pretty much it.
Ah, that's so awesome that you're Japanese and Chinese! and I think Asian mixes are awesome, being full Vietnamese is cool to me but seeing so many mixed people is so cool because of how different they look (like distinguishable in an attractive kind of way).

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hello world!   Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:21 pm

Jel wrote:
Ty ♥ wrote:

Ah, that's so awesome that you're Japanese and Chinese! and I think Asian mixes are awesome, being full Vietnamese is cool to me but seeing so many mixed people is so cool because of how different they look (like distinguishable in an attractive kind of way).

Thank you Smile! Well there isn't much of a difference of how I look since they're both similar in outer appearances. Aside from that, i was offended because they believe my eyes were bigger than any other Asian and said I look like an Korean. That made no sense to me but what can i say... I can't do anything about my appearance besides putting make up on to enhance my "asian-ness" haha.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello world!   

Back to top Go down

Hello world!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1